Saturday, April 11, 2009

Gypsyhook Review





From time to time, every music listener looks for a breath of fresh air. That's exactly what I found in Sonny Moore's EP "Gypsyhook". While I was familiar with the demos, the songs were changed in the slightest ways that made them even more exciting. Out of the eight song EP, four remixes, the only song I felt should have been left alone was "Copaface 2". The newly lengthened "Mora" mixed an industrial inspired intro with the perfect amount of upbeat drums and electronic sampling. Of the four remixes, I thoroughly enjoyed three of them, all of them pushing the five minute mark or more. The closing track, "Kai Sui" which is a Japanese version of "Mora", left me wanting the record to never really end. Sonny really hit hard with his long awaited solo EP and I'm hoping to hear much more from this project.

Look for Sonny on tour with Hollywood Undead and holding independent headlining shows through out the tour. http://www.myspace.com/sonny

I also wanted to take this time to say welcome to The Sunset Strips! Nicole and I are trying very hard to get this blog up and running and can't wait to see what comes from it.

-Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment