Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Best In Town Review

Being a fan of The Blackout for quite some time now and having heard both of their previous albums (The Blackout! The Blackout! The Blackout! and We Are The Dynamite!) I was expecting nothing short of amazing of their new album. I was extremely excited to hear it was being released and with them not being from the states, I knew it was going to be difficult to get ahold of this album but one of my friends managed to download it for me so I was able to have it. Starting off with the very first song on this record entitled ShutTheFuckUppercut, you can definitely tell this is album is something worth listening to. As any other Blackout fan could recall, they have definitely done their share of growing up in the past few years. With their first album it was loud and every one of the six songs on that record made you feel something different, all of course for me at least were extremely positive feelings.

With The Best In Town I think that The Blackout have taken everything into consideration and done themselves a good deed with a fabulous sounding record. The vocals are absolutely phenominal and fit and mesh extremely well with how the other instruments, which everyone knows is an extremely important thing. Though with song names like This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things and We're Going to Hell...So Bring the Sunblock it's more than expected for there to be some quirky moments with this album and The Blackout can pull that off better than almost any band I've ever heard. The Best In Town definitely has it's strong points, with that being the heavier songs in contrast to the more upbeat, less screaming and more fun songs on thsi album. All of which are a good thing, I mean who wants to hear the same song over and over again? No one I know.

With that being said, I hope for nothing more for The Blackout then for them to continue making kickass music and doing what they do. Look out for them on this summers Warped Tour and tour dates have been posted on their myspace, http://www.myspace.com/theblackout

- Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment